Hilton Grand Vacations Club also referred to as HGVC, is a points-based vacation ownership and exchange system marketed and operated by Hilton Grand Vacations Company, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hilton Worldwide.Hilton Grand Vacations manages and operates two separate Club membership programs:
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club
- The Hilton Club New York
The following information relates only to Hilton Grand Vacations Club
Resorts which are grouped into one of three categories:
- HGVC Developed ** and Managed Resorts
- Affiliated Resorts (Managed by HGVC)
- Affiliated Resorts (NOT Managed by HGVC)
**NOTE: Trump International Hotel Las Vegas sold approximately 300 condominium units to Hilton Grand Vacations.
Following is a list of the HGVC Developed and Managed Resorts, Affiliated Resorts Managed by HGVC and Affiliated Resorts NOT Managed by HGVC.
HGVC Developed and Managed Resorts
- Grand Waikikian by Hilton Grand Vacations Club
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Hilton Hawaiian Village – The Kalia Tower
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Hilton Hawaiian Village – Lagoon Tower
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Hilton Hawaiian Village – Grand Islander
- Kings’ Land by Hilton Grand Vacations
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort (aka Kohala Suites)
- Ocean Tower by Hilton Grand Vacations
Las Vegas, Nevada
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club at The Flamingo
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club on Paradise (aka HGVC at the Las Vegas Hilton (Karen Ave.)
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard (aka HGVC on the Las Vegas Strip)
New York City, New York
- West 57th Street by Hilton Club
- The Hilton Club – New York
- The Residences by Hilton Club
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Sea World
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Tuscany Village (aka HGVC on International Drive)
- Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations Club
- Las Palmeras by Hilton Grand Vacations Club
South Beach, Florida
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club at McAlpin – Ocean Plaza (aka HGVC at South Beach)
- Ocean 22 by Hilton Grand Vacations Club, Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Enclave by Hilton Grand Vacations Club – Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Oak Resort by Hilton Grand Vacations Club, Hilton Head Island
- The District by Hilton Club, Washington, DC
- Scotland – Royal Deeside
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Craigendarroch Suites (Limited availability)
- Affiliated Resorts Managed by HGVC
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club at MarBrisas
- Valdoro Mountain Lodge (Limited availability)
Captiva Island, Florida
- The Cottages at South Seas Island Resort (Limited availability)
- Harbourview Villas at South Seas Island Resort (Limited availability)
- Plantation Bay Villas at South Seas Island Resort (Limited availability)
- Plantation Beach Club at South Seas Island Resort (I, II and III) (Limited availability)
- Plantation House at South Seas Island Resort (Limited availability)
- South Seas Club at South Seas Island Resort (Limited availability)
Estero Island, Florida
- Seawatch On-The-Beach resort
Hutchinson Island, Florida
- Plantation Beach Club at Indian River Plantation Resort (Limited availability)
Marco Island, Florida
- Club Regency of Marco Island
- Eagle’s Nest Beach Resort
- The Surf Club of Marco
- The Charter Club of Marco Beach
Sanibel Island, Florida
- Casa Ybel Resort (Limited availability)
- Hurricane House Resort (Limited availability)
- Sanibel Cottages Resort (Limited availability)
- Tortuga Beach Club Resort (Limited availability)
- The Bay Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort
- Hokulani Waikiki by Hilton Grand Vacations Club
Las Vegas, Nevada
- Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Anderson Ocean Club
Park City, Utah
- Sunrise Lodge, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club
- Hilton Grand Vacations at The Crane, Crane, St. Phillip, Barbados
- Anatara Vacation Club Seminyak Bali, Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia
- The Bay Forest Odawara by Hilton Club, Odawara-shi, Kanagawa
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Borgo alle Vigne
- Hilton Villamoura Vacation Club (Limited availability)
- Inverness-shire: Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Coylumbridge (Limited availability)
- Royal Deeside: Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Craigendarroch Lodges (Limited availability)
- Perthshire: Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Dunkeld (Limited availability)
- Affiliated Resorts NOT Managed by HGVC
- Grand Pacific Palisades Resort (Limited availability)
- Carlsbad Seapointe Resort
Palm Desert, California
- Club Intrawest – Palm Desert (Limited availability)
San Francisco, California
- Club Donatello, San Francisco
Marco Island, Florida
- Sunset Cove Resort (Limited availability)
Sanibel Island Resort, Florida
- Shell Island Beach Club Resort (Limited availability)
- Club Intrawest – Sandestin (Limited availability)
Vancouver, British Columbia
- Club Intrawest – Vancouver
Whistler, British Columbia
- Club Intrawest – Whistler (Limited availability)
Blue Mountain, Ontario
- Club Intrawest – Blue Mountain
- Mont Tremblant, Quebec
- Club Intrawest – Tremblant (Limited availability)
- Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun (Limited availability)
- Fiesta Americana Villas Acapulco (Limited availability)
Los Cabos, Mexico
- Fiesta Americana Villas Los Cabos (Limited availability)
- Club Intrawest – Zihuatanejo
Yucatan Penisula, Mexico
- The Explorean Kohunlich (Limited Availability)
How Hilton Grand Vacations Club works:
The Club is a point based reservation system. Hilton timeshare Club members receive a point allotment based on the villa type and season they own at their home resort. It is very important to understand the different types of ownership that are available, the benefits of each type of ownership and the basic rules of the HGVC system.
The distinction between HGVC developed resorts and HGVC affiliated resorts is an important factor when learning about the HGVC system. Ownership and usage rules may be different depending on your Hilton timeshare home resort.
While many HGVC built resorts were typically sold as floating week ownerships (which can be used as points throughout the Hilton system) different ownership types and rules may apply. For example, in Florida a majority of the affiliated resorts were sold offering fixed weeks, as well as flex week timeshare options. For fixed and event week ownerships, the home week is automatically reserved each year unless the owner cancels the reservation.
Predetermined amounts of points are assigned to all HGVC ownerships based on the following:
- Specific HGVC developer resort
- Unit size
- Unit type
- Number of ClubPoints
- Type of ownership
- Type of week
Club Members automatically receive a deposit of ClubPoints annually or bi-ennially depending on their deeded ownership. Online HGVC accounts display a rolling three year period of available ClubPoints. Unused ClubPoints for a given year will expire at the end of the calendar year. ClubPoints do expire, but can be rescued, banked or converted into HHonors points. Note: See “Maximizing the use of your ClubPoints” below.
The Club Points can be used in a number of ways. An owner can:
- Reserve their home reservation for a 7-night stay in the unit size and season they own.
- Use points to book a different location, unit size, season, or # of nights (3 night minimum).
- Trade their points for another location, season, or unit size in RCI or SFX’s inventory.
- Make a reservation through RCI nightly to book individual nights.
- Use Club Perks for cruises, guided journeys, car rentals and airline tickets.
- Book Hilton Hotels with their Club Points, or Convert them to Honors Points.
- Borrow points from the following Use Year.
Hilton’s Elite Status designation cannot be obtained via a resale purchase on the secondary market. Not all affiliate resorts allow the Club membership rights to transfer to a secondary owner.
Deeded Vacation Ownership and Season Information
Ownership with HGVC is a deeded, fee simple, one-week interest in a single property during a specific time of the year, or season. If the resort is HGVC built, an owner is allotted a fixed amount of Club Points each year, determined by the extent and type of the accommodations (i.e. the number of bedrooms in a single unit) and the season in which the ownership is deeded.
Some resorts will have all four seasons (and a Holiday designation) while other resorts may only be divided into two or three seasons. In addition, there can be other variations with a few of the affiliates.
Also note: Some affiliate Hilton timeshare resale resorts were originally sold with different season designations than those used by Hilton. A few of these resorts may have a float season that encompasses weeks which fall into different HGVC season designations.
HGVC determines their seasons by the following designations:
These seasons vary based on the demand of a resort during these particular weeks. Certain weeks are sold as a fixed week that can be canceled and turned into points.
The points associated with each season of HGVC built resorts have fixed values based on the unit size and view. The unit size at the particular resort that is deeded to is what determines the maintenance fees. There is no discrepancy in maintenance fees for a platinum, gold, silver or bronze week at that particular property, so long as the unit size is identical.
Below is the seasons chart with all HGVC resorts listed to help assist owners in determining their timeshare ownership.
|HGVC Resorts||Platinum Season||Gold Season||Silver Season||Bronze Season|
|Hilton MarBrisa||22-42, 51-52||1-21, 43-50|
|Grand Pacific Palisades||22-42, 51-52||1-21, 43-50|
|Carlsbad Seapointe Resort||22-42, 51-52||1-21, 43-50|
|SeaWorld||6-15, 24-32,51-52||1-5, 16-23, 33-43||44-50|
|International Drive||6-15, 24-32,51-52||1-5, 16-23, 33-50|
|Parc Soleil||6-15, 24-32,51-52||1-5, 16-23, 33-50|
|Casa Ybel Resort||7-13, 51-52||1-6, 14-18, 24-33, 43-48||19-23, 34-42, 49-50|
|Hurricane House Resort||7-13, 51-52||1-6, 14-18, 24-33, 43-48||19-23, 34-42, 49-50|
|Sanibel Cottages Resort||7-13, 51-52||1-6, 14-18, 24-33, 43-48||19-23, 34-42, 49-50|
|Shell Island Beach Club||7-13, 51-52||1-6, 14-18, 24-33, 43-48||19-23, 34-42, 49-50|
|Tortuga Beach Club||7-13, 51-52||1-6, 14-18, 24-33, 43-48||19-23, 34-42, 49-50|
|The Charter Club of Marco Beach||7-13, 51-52||1-6, 14-18, 24-33, 43-48||19-23, 34-42, 49-50|
|Club Regency of Marco Island||7-13, 51-52||1-6, 14-18, 24-33, 43-48||19-23, 34-42, 49-50|
|Eagles Nest Beach Resort||7-13, 51-52||1-6, 14-18, 24-33, 43-48||19-23, 34-42, 49-50|
|Sunset Cove||7-13, 51-52||1-6, 14-18, 24-33, 43-48||19-23, 34-42, 49-50|
|The Surf Club of Marco||7-13, 51-52||1-6, 14-18, 24-33, 43-48||19-23, 34-42, 49-50|
|The Cottages at South Seas||7-13, 51-52||1-6, 14-18, 24-33, 43-48||19-23, 34-42, 49-50|
|Harbourview Villas||7-13, 51-52||1-6, 14-18, 24-33, 43-48||19-23, 34-42, 49-50|
|Plantation Bay Villas||7-13, 51-52||1-6, 14-18, 24-33, 43-48||19-23, 34-42, 49-50|
|Plantation Beach Club||7-13, 51-52||1-6, 14-18, 24-33, 43-48||19-23, 34-42, 49-50|
|Plantation House||7-13, 51-52||1-6, 14-18, 24-33, 43-48||19-23, 34-42, 49-50|
|South Seas Club||7-13, 51-52||1-6, 14-18, 24-33, 43-48||19-23, 34-42, 49-50|
|Seawatch On-the-Beach Resort||7-13, 51-52||1-6, 14-18, 24-33, 43-48||19-23, 34-42, 49-50|
|South Beach||7-13, 51-52||1-6, 14-18, 24-33, 43-48||19-23, 34-42, 49-50|
|Indian River Plantation Resort||7-13, 51-52||1-6, 14-18, 24-33, 43-48||19-23, 34-42, 49-50|
|Grand Waikikian||1-18, 23-35,42-52||19-22, 36-41|
|Hilton Hawaiian Village- Kalia||1-18, 23-35,42-52||19-22, 36-41|
|Hilton Hawaiian Village – Lagoon||1-18, 23-35,42-52||19-22, 36-41|
|Hokulani Waikiki||1-18, 23-35,42-52||19-22, 36-41|
|Waikoloa Beach Resort||1-18, 23-35,42-52||19-22, 36-41|
|King’s Land||1-18, 23-35,42-52||19-22, 36-41|
|The Bay Club at Waikoloa||1-18, 23-35,42-52||19-22, 36-41|
|Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun||4-18, 51-52||1-3, 26-34, 40-50||19-25, 35-39|
|Fiesta Americana Villas Los Cabos||1-18, 26-34,51-52||19-25, 40-50||35-39|
|Fiesta Americana Villas Acapulco||12-13, 27-33,51-52||1-11, 14-17, 34-37, 46-47||18-26, 43-45, 48-50||38-42|
|The Explorean Kohunlich||12-13, 27-33,51-52||1-11, 15-26, 34-50|
|The Elara||7-22, 35-45,51-52||1-6, 23-34, 46-50|
|The Flamingo||9-20, 37-43,51-52||5-8, 21-36, 44-48||1-4, 49-50|
|Hilton Grand Vacation Club – Las Vegas||9-20, 37-43,51-52||1-8, 21-36, 44-50|
|The Las Vegas Strip||9-20, 37-43,51-52||1-8, 21-36, 44-50|
|West 57th Street by Hilton Club||7-28, 35-52||1-6, 29-34|
|Anderson Ocean Club||21-35||8-20, 36-47, 51-52||1-7, 48-50|
|Sunrise Lodge||1-15, 47-52||20-36||16-19, 37-46|
|Hilton Vilamoura Vacation Club||14-15, 20-43, 51-52||7-13, 16-19, 44-45||1-6, 46-50|
|Valdoro Mountain Lodge||1-15, 26-36,47-52||20-25||37-46||16-19|
|Borgo all Vigne||1, 13-39, 52||2-12, 40-49|
|Coylumbridge||14-15, 21-43,51-52||7-13, 16-20||5-6, 44-47||1-4, 48-50|
|Craigendarroch Lodge||1, 14-15, 21-43, 52||7-13, 16-20||2-6, 44-50|
|Craigendarroch Suites||1, 14-15, 21-43, 52||7-13, 16-20||2-6, 44-50|
|Dunkeld||14-15, 21-43, 51-52||7-13, 16-20||5-6, 44-47||1-4, 48-50|
HGVC Fee Schedule:
To view the Hilton Grand Vacations Club 2017 fee schedule, click on:
To view the Hilton Grand Vacations Club 2017 update, click on:
To view the Hilton Grand Vacations Club 2017 Maintenance Fees, click on:
For an update on the newest Hilton Grand Vacations Club timeshare resort, the Grand Islander in Hawaii, click on: The Grand Islander by Hilton Grand Vacations Club 2017 Update
There are several different ways to exchange your HGVC ownership week for another resort. The easiest way is to simply use the Club points to reserve at another Club affiliate. To exchange outside the Club, a third party exchange system must be used such as RCI, Interval International or other smaller exchange companies. Your home resort will determine which exchange systems you have access to as an owner.
Maintenance fees for Hilton timeshare resale resorts are determined each year based on the overall operating budget of the home resort. These fees vary widely from one resort to another and may increase over the years. Generally, the unit type and size determines the base maintenance fee amount, not the point allotment. A one bedroom villa in the platinum season will be assessed the same base maintenance fee as a one bedroom in the silver season.
Club dues are also paid each year. For most resorts, members living in the US and Canada are currently charged $99. Members who own a US resort and also an international resort may be required to pay Club dues for each account as the two systems may not be able to be combined into a single billing account.
Hilton Grand Vacations Club offers several reservation options:
Home resort priority allows you to make your reservation from 276 to 365 days in advance, in the size of the unit and in the season you own before other owners can book at your home resort using their points.
Club season requires a three night minimum stay using Club Points at the resort of choice, during any season, in any size unit and can be made 9 months to 30 days before your desired check-in date.
Open Season is essentially dealing with last-minute inventory and requires a two night minimum stay (for RCI resorts there is a 3 night minimum stay requirement and additional check-in requirements may apply). You can reserve 30 days before your check-out date and up to one day before your check-in date. These reservations require cash payment and can be made at Club affiliated resorts and RCI resorts. Open Season rental reservations are for Club Members occupancy only.
Changing reservations – All Home resort and Club season reservations using Club Points may be modified in location and length of stay, the size and type of accommodations and dates (for travel within the same year) without incurring any additional transaction fees. Note: Home resort and Club reservations using Bonus Points are not changeable. Some changes may be subject to a cancellation policy.
All HGVC developer resorts are affiliated with RCI. RCI membership is included in the HGVC Club dues and HGVC members use ClubPoints to use for RCI exchanges. There is a set exchange rate for RCI exchanges. See chart below.
Following is how reservations through RCI work:
With RCI weeks inventory weeks can be booked as early as two years in advance and as late as two days prior to check-in based on availability at the resort requested.
RCI Points inventory can be used to book weeks and/or nights as early as 10 months in advance and as late as the day of check-in based on availability.
Note: RCI Points does not support ongoing search requests as some other exchange company’s do. RCI searches require a manual search and again, based on the resort availability, can constantly change. As with other reservations, it is best to start searching online as soon as the 10 month window opens in order to increase your odds of getting your desired dates (especially if those dates are peak travel times like 4th of July and other holidays).
Refer to the chart below for the number of ClubPoints required for RCI exchanges:
Studio Mon- Thu Fri-Sun Week
Red 240 480 2,400
White 170 340 1,700
Blue 120 240 1,200
One Bedroom Mon-Thu Fri-Sun Week
Red 340 680 3,400
White 240 480 2,400
Blue 170 340 1,700
Two Bedroom Mon-Thu Fri-Sun Week
Red 480 960 4,800
White 340 680 3,400
Blue 240 480 2,400
Three Bedroom Mon-Thu Fri-Sun Week
Red 580 1,160 5,800
White 400 800 4,000
Blue 290 580 2,900
Maximizing the use of your ClubPoints:
Deposit – Deposit ClubPoints before December 31 of each year for travel through December 31 of the following year for Home resort or Club resort reservations and/or ClubPartner Perks. The deposit of ClubPoints with RCI will become valid for nightly and weekly exchange reservations from the date of deposit through an additional two calendar years. When requesting reservations using the ClubPoints deposited to RCI, the applicable RCI exchange fee will be charged at the time of the reservation confirmation or at the beginning of the search request.
Rescue Points – gives you the ability to save your current years points and roll them over into the following year. It does however, have the drawback of losing the ability to be used for anything other than booking at HGVC resorts within the network – leaving out Guided Journeys, HHonors Points as well as exchanging with RCI.
Banking Points – has some important differences from Rescuing Points. By banking your points, you are able to save your points for another calendar year giving you a total of two years to budget and plan for your next vacation without the risk of your points expiring. You can also deposit your week or points into RCI as an HGVC owner.
Converting Points – You can convert your HGVC timeshare points into HHonors Points for use at Hilton Hotels around the world. This is an exclusive feature for HGVC timeshare owners and is available to you whether you purchase direct from the developer or on the secondary market of timeshare resale.
Members may use their ClubPoints for:
Stays at the Club affiliated resorts
Stays at the Hilton family of hotels
Stays at additional resorts outside HGVC via partnerships with RCI & SFX
Other types of travel via HGVC Partner arrangements (aka Club Partner Perks) that include O.A.R.S. Adventure Travel, Airline travel, cruises, Fiesta Americana hotels, guided journeys via Tauck tours, Forever Resorts Houseboats, EagleRider Motorcycles, El Monte RV Motorhomes, walking and biking excursions via CW Adventures and The Moorings Yacht Charters.
HGVC Elite Membership
HGVC Elite Status is available to members who purchase a minimum of 14,000 ClubPoints directly from HGVC. (Note: Some ClubPoints acquired via an Affiliate Resale Department may also qualify toward HGVC Elite Status)
There are currently three HGVC Elite Levels:
Elite requires 14,000 ClubPoints
Elite Plus requires 24,000 ClubPoints
Elite Premier requires 34,000 ClubPoints
HGVC Elite members may receive perks such as:
Separate check-in area
Discounted reservation fee
Discounted Open Season rental rates
A separate Elite Member Services telephone number and several other Elite benefits
Elite privileges are not available at the following resorts:
Fiesta Americana resorts
Club Intrawest resorts
Grand Pacific resorts
South Florida resorts
Anderson Ocean Club
NOTE: HGVC Elite Status is not the same as Hilton HHonors status which is associated with the Hilton family of hotels. However, one of the HGVC elite benefits is higher Hilton HHonors status (HHonors Gold for HGVC Elite and Elite Plus and HHonors Diamond for HGVC Elite Premier).
Elite members have reservation privileges beyond the 58 HGVC resorts and may make reservations at the following properties:
The Grand Mayan Acapulco
The Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta
The Grand Mayan Riviera Maya
ResorTime.com – a collection of more than 30 exclusive four and five star resorts
Elite Plus members may make reservations at the above resorts as well as the following International Holiday Retreats properties:
Gulliver’s Travel Associates (Asia)
Holiday Cottages Group (Europe)
Elite Premier members may make reservations at the above resorts as well as the following additional properties:
Anantara Vacation Club, Bophut, Koh Samui
Anantara Vacation Club at the Shores, Queenstown, New Zealand
Anantara Vacation Club, Bali
Anantara Vacation Club, Phuket Mai Khao
Anantara Vacation Club, Bangkok Sathorn
(Note: Benefits of Elite are subject to change and availability, and may be offered for limited or trial terms. To qualify for Elite status privileges, members must maintain a designated minimum number of Qualifying ClubPoints annually. The minimum number of Qualifying ClubPoints may vary from year to year.)
Hilton Grand Vacations Club Defined:
Buying a Hilton timeshare resale on the secondary market is much less expensive than purchasing direct from the developer because of the fact that the developer incurs marketing costs that are passed on to the consumer. It is the developer who sets the price on the retail market. On the secondary market of timeshare resale, prices are determined by individuals and current market conditions.
A timeshare interval should be purchased for enjoyment. The purchase of a Hilton Grand Vacations Club timeshare resale ensures that you will be able to vacation and spend quality time with your family and friends each year. You might want to think of it as vacation insurance for all your future vacations!
Syed Sarmad, Principal Broker for Advantage Vacation